Town Clerk

The Town Clerk for Mt. Crested Butte is the backbone of the administrative infrastructure of our town.

Working directly under the Town Manager, the Town Clerk performs a wide variety of administrative duties. This office, which also includes a Deputy Clerk/Court Clerk, shares responsibility for sales and admissions tax  administration, liquor/special events licensing, and dog licensing, just to name a few. They maintain all municipal documents as well as record Town Council proceedings and the Downtown Development Authority meetings.

In addition, the Town Clerk and her staff also maintain the duties and responsibilities of the Municipal Court Clerk, whose court proceedings are located in Town Hall. Mt. Crested Butte Municipal Court is held in the Town Council Chambers at 911 Gothic Road on Wednesdays.

Nonprofits Applying for Special Event Liquor Permits and New Liquor Licensee's

All fees (both to the Town of Mt. Crested Butte and to the Department of Revenue), all applications and pertinent documentation related to obtaining a liquor license or renewal of an existing license must be returned to the Town Clerk, who will forward your application and applicable fees to the Department of Revenue after local approval of your license. Due to the fact that Town Council Meetings are held the first and third Tuesday of each month  please allow at least two months for processing and approval of a new license or transfer of ownership and approximately one month for the processing and approval of a special events liquor license. The Department of Revenue will not accept applications directly from an applicant. The processing and approval of a liquor license can be a time consuming and lengthy procedure.

Special Events Permit

The Town of Mt. Crested Butte now has a Special Events Permit. This permit must be applied for at least 45 days prior to an event that is open to the public, or attracts more the 25 vehicles per day, involves public roads, public parking lots, etc. This is in addition to the liquor licensing process described above. Examples of types of events that may have to apply for a Special Event Permit are concerts, athletic competitions, festivals, religious revivials, races that pass through the Town of Mt. Crested Butte, either on roads or trails. Please see the Special Events Permit Application for more information or contact Tiffany O'Connell at 970-349-6632.

Public Record Request

If you would like to request a document or information from Mt. Crested Butte public records, you can download the form below or Contact the Town Clerk at Town Hall. A fee may apply. You may also fax the request to 970-349-6326 at Attention: Records Request.
Official Website of the Town of Mt. Crested Butte, Colorado

The Town of Mt. Crested Butte does not discriminate. All employees and beneficiaries of Town programs and policies are treated equally without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation age or disability